- Oil Palm (Elaeis guineensis) leaves are the by-products of the palm oil industry.
- Approximately 164 million tonnes of the dry mass of oil palm fronds are produced every year in the world.
- Prominently known as OPAL powder, which is the abbreviation for oil palm leaf, has been scientifically well researched and tested for their efficacy.
- Oil Palm leaf has 8% higher contents of phenolic compounds than green tea extract.
- The Oil Palm leaf is a new potential and functional food ingredient, according to various reports of its health benefits.
- Prevent from cancer
- Kidney protective
- Liver protective
- Memory-enhancing & neuroprotective
- Accelerates wound healing
- And many more...
Oil palm leaf powder is rich in Antioxidant especially Catechin
Catechin is a Flavan-3-ol, which is also known as a type of natural phenol and antioxidant. Catechin is a plant secondary metabolite. Catechin content in the oil palm leaf powder is as follows:
- epigallocatechin (0.08%)
- catechin (0.30%)
- epicatechin (0.01%)
- epigallocatechin gallate (0.28%)
- epicatechin gallate (0.05%)
The average recommended daily catechin intake is 50 mg.